In apartment Berlage (69G) the pattern at the wall is a detail of the house of Berlage that can be found on the Groenhovenstraat (1927). In 2011 the photographer started creating The Hague façade motifs. Water should not dominate the pictures and the photographer wanted to be able to shoot everywhere and everything she wanted. On the other hand she wanted to maintain the double mirror images. It means you do not immediately see what it is. For a façade motif the photographer first made a picture of a small detail of a building. At home the photographer rotated the picture a couple of times and after, the picture contained a beautiful detail which can be used. This piece is pasted to the original after reflecting it. This process is repeated a few times, sometimes more than 10 or 20 times. This results in a new image, a kaleidoscopic view. Nevertheless, the original building can always be found in the photo. In this apartment the pattern is a detail of the house of Berlage. Berlage (1856-1934) was in The Netherlands one of the most important architects. He pointed his contemporaries the way of traditional construction towards rationalism. In his work elements of Art Nouveau can be identified. Characteristic are the brick façades with little unnecessary embellishments. Simplicity and functionality are important. After a visit to the United States Berlage was influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright and other American architects. The House of Berlage on the Groenhovenstraat was designed for an insurance company “De Nederlanden” in 1945. For this company he already designed the office on Kerkplein in The Hague. The latest work of Berlage was the Municipal Museum in The Hague. He himself thought it was his best work, unfortunately he never witnessed the completion.
Additional information apartment Berlage
This apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Berlage contains:
- Apartment Berlage is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- Corner apartment with many large and tall windows.
- High monumental ceilings.
- A comfortable view on a square with monumental buildings and trees.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.