The photo in apartment Church (69N) was specially modified to fit the long wall of the rental apartment. The original picture was a reflection in a window of the Monastery Church. This church is located at the Lange Voorhout and has experienced a lot in his life. Around 1400 the church was built as part of a monastery of the Dominicans. After the Spaniards were expelled, a new era started for the monks in the monastery. Catholicism fell into disfavour during the “iconoclastic” (1566) and the interior of the church was destroyed. After a while they even wanted to brake down the entire church. However, even then the residents of The Hague hated demolition. They were used to the building and protested fiercely. As a result the church was preserved, but was leased to a hospital and used as a stable and after that it became even a cannon foundry (1588). Of the monastery there is only left an old wall with gates. If you walk into the street next to the church you can see it. The image you see in apartment 69N was made in that alley. In 1617 remonstrant church companions occupied the church and brought it back to its original condition. Over the years the church was restored to its former glory. In 1625 Frederik Hendrik and Amalia van Solms got married, the present King Willem Alexander has done his creed and his daughter was baptised in this church. Fahrenheit (1686-1736) is buried there and there is a memorial plaque with a thermometer in the hallway.
Additional information apartment Church
This rental apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Church contains:
- Apartment Church is located on the front of the buidling.
- A compact apartment at the top floor.
- This rental apartment contains a separate toilet.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a rain shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.