The last 20 years the skyline of The Hague has changed dramatically. In 1998 The Hague consisted mainly of low classical buildings with some churches and high office buildings. In 1964 there was even a regulation which contains you may not build higher than 75 metres. The city hall at Spuiplein, designed by Richard Maier and opened in 1995, is only 65 metres high. With the arrival of the building Resident in 1998 this changed for good. The area behind Central Station includes office buildings, houses, courtyards, shops and restaurants, designed by different architects in Post-modern style. The towers of Castalia are 104 metres high. This opened the floodgates and in the years after the Resident, the towers became increasingly higher. The photo of the Skyline of The Hague was taken in 2013 and the highest tower is the New Babylon II with a height of 158 metres. But who knows what the future may holds. Remarkably the color light green is often used in the new buildings. Probably a reference from the architects of the green copper towers which you see everywhere in the city. The hexagonal tower of the Great Church is also made of copper.
The photo was taken from the eleventh floor of the Westeinde hospital. A more pleasant spot to look over the The Hague Skyline is from the restaurant ‘Het Strijkijzer’. The top floor of this restaurant is 135 metres high and could be found on the Rijswijkse plein.
Additional information short stay apartment City View
This short stay apartment depends in several respects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment City View contains:
- Short stay apartment City View is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- Apartment City View has a french balcony.
- This rental apartment is characterized by a big kitchen area with a table and chairs and a separate toilet. Furthermore the appartement has a spacious living area and big and tall windows and ceiling.
- You’ll have a comfortable view of the courtyard and gardens.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every short stay apartment:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.