Some call it “The Candy Jar”, others give it the name “The Cookie Jar” and sometimes you can even hear the genteel “Bonbonnière”. You can find this building on Dagelijkse Groenmarkt, in one of the shopping Streets. The front of the Cookie Jar has a circular area with majestic, multicoloured pillars and a circular roof. The roof looks a bit like a lid. The English designer John Outram has no problem with those nicknames. In an interview he explains he finds the names quite flattering. An other building he designed in London is called “Castle Dracula”. In the circular section of the building, you find the Dutch fashion store The Sting. The photo in apartment Cookie Jar (69F) was made inside the coffee shop. The exceptional windows of the “Cookie Jar” reflect in a glass table. The inside has been rebuilt and the bar is no longer there, but it is worth to enter the building. Especially the ceiling with a multicoloured stained glass window stands out. Perhaps a reference from the architect of the building opposite ‘the Bonneterie’. This building, built in 1913, also has a stained-glass window ceiling. Not multicoloured glass, but in black and white. The property belonged to the up scale fashion department store the Bonneterie. Distinguished Hague women bought their clothes there. The company was already named “Royal Warrant” in 1901. Unfortunately it went bankrupt some years ago. Since 2015 H&M rents the property. In the beginning the inhabitants of The Hague initially held their breath; what was a company with cheap clothing doing in a stately building? But H&M made something beautiful and everyone is happy now.
Additional information apartment Cookie Jar
This rental apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Cookie Jar contains:
- Apartment Cookie Jar is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- Apartment Cookie Jar has a french balcony.
- High monumental ceilings.
- This rental apartment has a separate toilet.
- You’ll have a comfortable view of the courtyard, gardens and square.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.