Behind the beautiful building Hollands Spoor, built around 1890 in neon-Renaissance style, you can find area Laakhaven. Originally an industrial area but in the last decade this turned into a completely different destination. The eastern part is finished. Office buildings, homes and the Hague Academy for 25,000 students were built. Directly behind the station the Mondrian College came for 20,000 students. This building has a clear Mondrian appearance. Naturally, students need to stay somewhere, so a large number of students residences were built in that area. The Laakhaven tower you see on the wallpaper in apartment Crossed Towers (69P) is one of them. Students call it a Sandpaper roller. The Laakhaven area is still under development. The intention is to preserve the character of the port area. With a harbour for pleasure yachts, docks for boat trips and restaurants. You can reach the area by going through the tunnel under Hollands Spoor. The station itself is beautiful and built in Renaissance style. On photos like the Laakhaven tower a new building arises and seems to float in the air. The photographer calls this Hague Castles in the Air. If there is no blue sky, the photographer gives it the name the Hague façade patterns. For a long time the photos were shown every week as a puzzle on a widely read Hague Site (www.denhaagdirect.nl). Visitors try to guess where the picture was taken. Perhaps you can consider to search for the below Hague façade motif in the Laakhaven area.
Additional information apartment Crossed Towers
This rental apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Crossed Towers contains:
- Apartment Crossed Towers is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- This apartment has a french balcony.
- The rental apartment has many windows.
- A separate toilet.
- This apartment is characterized by a comfortable view of the courtyard and gardens.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a rain shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.