Just outside The Hague the theme park Drievliet is located. In the 17th century it was a farm and later on a country house with a large garden park. The Faaij family rented the house in 1937. They started a local bar and later on there came a tea garden with a playground. After World War II the tea garden was doing real good so they could buy the entire property in 1950. Each resident of The Hague has ever visited Drievliet. First as a child with parents and later with school trips. And so it goes on for generations. In the early days it was mainly a large playground. Over the years, however, there were more and more scary and high attractions. On some days, when it is not as busy, it is possible to take the same ride over and over again. However, it may be possible that you will get nauseous. Some people are already getting sick of seeing a floating mill. Besides, the first floating mills existed hundreds of years ago. Initially you had to propel yourself, hanging from a rope. Around 1700 a horse pulled the loaded carrousel around. Today the flying chairs are powered electrically. To make it even a bit scarier the swinging mill in Drievliet can be tilt.
Additional information apartment Flying Dutch
This rental apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Flying Dutch contains:
- Apartment Flying Dutch is located on the front of the buidling.
- This apartment is characterized by many big and tall windows.
- The rental apartment contains a separate toilet.
- High monumental ceilings.
- Wide window sills.
- A comfortable view over the street with beautiful monumental buildings.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.