The (edited) picture in short stay apartment Golden Palace (69M) shows the windows of the city palace at No. 13 on De Kneuterdijk. This palace was built in 1624. The residents must have seen in the period of 400 years a lot of extraordinarily neighbors. There lived rich men, nobles, ambassadors, court officials up to Jacob Cats, poet and Grand Pensionary of Holland since 1636. That last one is mainly known for his moralistic poems. They said at that time every household had two books in his house, the Bible and a collection of poems of Cats. After his death, he was buried in the Monastery Church (see apartment Church (69N)). In 1750 the distinguished family of Wassenaer Obdam tore down the houses and built a palace for themselves. The view at number 13 became perhaps less wide but more interesting instead. At that time the palace “Kneuterdijk” was worthy of a king. King Willem I thought the same and bought it for his son Willem II in 1850. His son who had married Anna Paulowna that year, Anna was the sister of the Tsar of Russia. But Anna Paulowna was used to the Romanovs splendor and she did not like the palace. She prefered staying at Soestdijk or in Brussels. Imagine you have the ‘normal’ people as your neighbors… For Willem II it felt like home. Willem II did not really had ethics. He had six illegitimate children, and there were rumors he had something with his servants.
Additional information apartment Golden Palace
This rental apartment depends in several respects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Golden Palace contains:
- Apartment Golden Palace is located on the front of the buidling.
- Corner apartment and characterized by many big and tall windows.
- The rental apartment contains a separate toilet.
- High monumental ceilings.
- A bay window.
- Wide view over the streets and cozy shops across.
- Specially designed bench for the living area.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.