It is a special tram representing the wall in apartment Graffiti Tram (69B). The President Conference Committee Carr (or PCC-tram) comes originally from the USA. The first models drove in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Based on a construction kit from America a Belgian construction company recreated and built the same tram. In 1949 the first version of this tram was purchased by The Hague. The tram in The Hague was a copy, only shorter. In contract to The Hague, trams from other European cities received a self-designed tram with a typical new front for each city as well. Over the years new custom versions were ordered and in 1993 the last PCC tram drove in The Hague. They were replaced by red-yellow trams, which now are disappearing again for a more modern type. The old trams are still on display at the Public Transport Museum The Hague. The Graffiti Tram was created by “Verflab”, a company that makes wall paintings on commission, but also gives workshops in schools. The painting lifts up the wall of the Raamstraat, near the Grote Markstraat.
Additional information apartment Graffiti Tram
This rental apartment differs in some aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Graffiti Tram contains:
- Apartment Graffiti Tram is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- This apartment has a big separated bedroom.
- There are windows on two sides of the apartment.
- Apartment Graffiti Tram has a terrace, with two chairs and a table. The entrance of the terrace is located at the ground floor.
- You can properly close the bedroom for daylight.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.