The Hague residents have a love-hate relationship with the Pier in Scheveningen. Many have never been there or yearn for the old Pier. The Pier opened in 1962 and initially it was a huge success with annually 2 million visitors. A few years later the number dropped to 500.000 and despite various efforts the number of visitors never increased again. In 1991 the Pier was sold to the catering concern Van der Valk. By selling to Van der Valk it became a restaurant, a casino and even a bungee jump. But again it was not an overwhelming success. Van der Valk threw in the towel and the private company went bankrupt. The Pier was put for sale and shortly after closed by the City The Hague due to fire hazard. But now all Hague residents began to interfere. Some said it was an ugly thing that should be demolished, others were strongly against demolition. Everyone had an opinion and everybody had an idea how the operation “The Pier” would be a success. The photo in apartment Kurhaus (69H) is part of a series of photographs called “Metamorphoses of The Pier” made in 2011. Eight photo edits show new fantasies about the Pier. Four of them were on display during an art weekend and suddenly 12 were sold. In the meantime the Pier of Scheveningen has sold, rebuilt and reopened again. Now you can eat pancakes, bungee jump and the new owner regularly organizes art fairs and numerous musical and culinary activities. You can walk indoor or on the deck to the sea. The view over the sea and the coastline is fantastic. Under the Pier you can see the reflection of the piles in the water. A real paradise for photographers.
Additional information apartment Kurhaus
This rental apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Kurhaus contains:
- Apartment Kurhaus is located on the front of the buidling.
- This apartment is characterized by many big and tall windows.
- The rental apartment contains a separate toilet.
- High monumental ceilings.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.