The Hofvijver next to parliament is actually a dune lake. The (partially underground) Hague stream comes still out on this lake. The Counts of Holland lived in the castle next to the pond as early as the fourteenth century. Later on also the governors decided to live there. The building complex was expanded increasingly. The “Binnenhof” eventually became the domicile of the political governance of The Netherlands. Even to this day on. For centuries the Hofvijver was a source of entertainment for the residents of The Hague. People strolled in the shade along the pond, with boats into the water and in the winter, when it was freezing people went ice skating on the water. Nowadays it is no longer allowed to go with boats into the water. Strolling along the Lange Vijverberg and ice-skating if it has frozen still happens. In previous centuries there were also major fireworks to seal an important convention. At the peace of Aachen a firework theatre was built on 5000 poles, richly decorated with sculptures. In the evening the building was decorated with burning jars and at the most important moment there was a major fireworks display. Afterwards the construction was demolished again. Something like that does not happen anymore, but every year during New Year there is beautiful fireworks above the pond. The picture for apartment 69Q was made from the bridge on the Buitenhof. If you go a little more to the right, towards the Binnenhof, you can make that picture again, but without the high buildings on the background.
Additional information short stay apartment Parliament
This short stay apartment depends in several respects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Parlement contains:
- Short stay apartment Parliament is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- Apartment Parliament has a french balcony.
- The rental apartment has a big kitchen.
- This apartment is characterized by a spacious living area.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every short stay apartment:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.