In the city centre, behind the Central Station reflect in the canal the high and coloured buildings of “The Resident”. This district with office buildings, residential buildings and courtyards was built in the nineties of the last century in Post-modern style by an international team of architects. When the sun shines on the buildings, the canal is as colourful as the buildings next to it. A good place to make mirror pictures. For a little movement in the picture it is good there is some wind. The mirrored building on the picture in apartment 69K is called Castalia and was designed by the American architect Michael Graves. The peaks of the towers are 35 metres high. The peaks are hollow and only for decoration. The building gained the second place on the list of “Weirdest Skyscrapers” by the Guardian. Americans call this ‘Mickey Mouse’ architecture. But the inhabitants of The Hague soon had accepted the building and gave it the nickname “The Hague Tits”. The story goes some football fans invented the name. In the ADO stadium there was a female fan who showed her breasts after her team (ADO Den Haag) scored a goal. Those were the first and real Hague Tits and a fan made the connection. If it’s true, is not clear, but the fact is all residents use the nickname, also the very decent.
Additional information short stay apartment Swinging Towers
This short stay apartment depends in several respects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Swinging Towers contains:
- Short stay apartment Swinging Towers is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- The apartment Swinging Towers has a very big balcony with patio doors and greenery.
- It contains a separate toilet.
- Rental apartment with many big and tall windows.
- A comfortable view of the courtyard and gardens.
- High monumental ceilings.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every short stay apartment:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.