The fountain on Spuiplein was designed by Peter Struycken. The image gallery along the Spui and Grote Markstraat were also an idea of him. On the pedestals are statues of different sculptors. The fountain has the shape of a diamond and covers an area of 400 square metres. From the stone floor 196 water jets spraying, quite unexpectedly water in the air. The length of the water beams may vary from 20 cm to 2.5 metres. If there is an event on the square, the fountain is turned off and the entire square can be used. Especially with good weather the fountain is a source of fun for young and old. Kids are running and jumping in the water and it is a good place to take pictures with all the children playing in the reflecting water. The only question is whether the fountain continues to exist. The adjacent music and dance theatre is currently being demolished. There will return a new theatre building with tall office building behind it. Obviously many residents of The Hague were against it, a waste of money because the old building was built in 1980. However, this time the protest did not succeed. The responsible councillor for the construction does have promised Spuiplein remains and will even be greener. And green is a long awaited desire of the inhabitants of The Hague.
Additional information apartment Water Maze
This rental apartment differs in several aspects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find the features of apartment Water Maze:
- Apartment Water Maze is located on the rear side of the buidling.
- The apartment has a very spacious balcony with patio doors and greenery.
- This rental apartment is characterized by a big kitchen and a separate toilet.
- Apartment with many big and tall windows.
- A comfortable view of the courtyard and gardens.
- High monumental ceilings.
- A unique little window next to the bathroom.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments in Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every apartment in Residence Copes:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.