Price per month: €2193
Minimal renting period: 4 months
- Apartment number:69R
- Double Sofa beds:1
- Max. Guests:2
- Sound:Dolby Surround
The Hague is a heaven for Art Nouveau lovers. Especially the districts Statenkwartier and Duinoord, but you can find them all over the city. The style of construction actually lasted only briefly from 1890 to 1914. Probably because the city itself highly increase in that period is why there are so many buildings and houses in this style. This “New Art” was a response to the dominant Neo Architectural Styles at the end of the 19th century which reverted to styles from previous centuries (you can find many examples in Laan Copes, see short stay apartment 69D (Looking Across)). The names Art Nouveau and Jugendstil are often mixed up, but there are differences. Art Nouveau shows more graceful curls and decorative embellishments. The German Jugendstil is simpler, more strict. Both use motifs from nature and the animal world, asymmetry and the use of new modern techniques. In The Hague, you can also see many examples of the Austrian variant, called Seccession. This is even more minimalistic and with use of geometric shapes. The building that is used for the wallpaper in apartment 69R belongs to that style. It is built at the corner of Anna Paulownastraat and the Avenue of Meerdervoort near the Peace Palace (Vredespaleis). The date is 1907-1910 and the name of the architect was probably painted on gray areas on the ground floor of an office. The simplicity of adornment comes back into the wallpaper. Also the beautiful colours: silver glazed edges, white plaster and dark red bricks.
Additional information short stay apartment Windows
This short stay apartment depends in several respects from the other rental apartments in Residence Copes. Below you will find which features apartment Windows contains:
- Short stay partment Windows is located on the front of the buidling.
- This apartment is characterized by opening skylights.
- The rental apartment contains a separate toilet.
General information rental apartment The Hague
The rental apartments Residence Copes have a number of appealing features. Below you find all these features which are applicable for every short stay apartment:
- The apartments all make optimal use of its surface and each apartment has its own designed furniture and interior finished in very high standards.
- The bathrooms of all apartments are equipped with a power shower. Both the bathrooms and toilets have beautiful and modern tilling work.
- With the exception of apartments 69C, 69G en 69Q all apartments have a separate toilet room.
- Each kitchen contains all the necessary kitchen equipment. The kitchen has a microwave/oven combination, dishwasher, fridge, induction cooker, Nespresso coffeemaker, kettle and a toaster. This makes it ideal to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Each apartment has floor heating. The temperature in the apartment can be changed individually.
- Each apartment has a videophone to open the central front door.
Residence Copes is located in a so called “safe area” in the center of The Hague and is very easy to reach by all means of transportation.
The apartments are located within reach of the highways such as the A13 (Rotterdam), A4, A44 (both Amsterdam) and A12 (Utrecht). Those cities can be reached within 30-40 minutes. You can park your car for a monthly amount in our courtyard next to the apartment building.
To get to the apartments you can use public transport. Using the train from Schiphol Airport you will arrive at Central Station The Hague in 30 minutes. Within the city of The Hague you can use the tram which stop is near Residence Copes. The Central Train Station by tram or bus only takes 5-10 minutes.
In The Hague, you can easily move around by bike. Cycle paths have been constructed almost everywhere and the narrow streets often make cycling easier than driving by car. For example, you can rent a Swap bike from € 16.50 per month. For more information, please have a look at: https://swapfiets.nl/en/offer/den_haag.
Terms & Conditions
The general terms and conditions form an integral part of the Model Tenancy Agreement for the renting and letting of fully or partially furnished houses and apartments, intended to be used by members of NVM Department Haaglanden. This version has been adopted on 22 May 2014. Please contact us for the full general terms and conditions.